Guest Sasha Summers

Welcome, Sasha! I read ahead and saw that you mentioned The Hunger Games. I’m soooo excited, I’ll be seeing it today. Woot! My dear frined, Julie, and I will be reporting back on it soon.

Take it away, Sasha. :)

Thanks for having me on the blog Ciara.

I just saw the Hunger Games movies, which made me start thinking about dystopian books – which made me think about paranormal books.  And, if you’re a reader, you know paranormal is huge right now. I know I’m a fan. I read it, watch it on TV and at the movie theater, and I write it.  Yes, my paranormal writing is all about Ancient Greece and Mythology, but I know there’s so much out there. And I happily read any and all things related to the delectable smorgasbord of other-worldly awesomeness that it paranormal.

Take your pick:

Vampires – Whether you’re a fan of the sparkling or non-sparkling variety, vampires show no sign of vanishing anytime soon.

Werewolves – Ditto. A lot of werewolves aren’t werewolves at all though – they’ve become shape shifters. And, I think, that makes them shifters vs. true werewolves?

Witches – Black magic or white magic, they might not always fly on broomsticks (actually I haven’t read a book using that mode of transportation besides a certain boy wizard…) but covens abound on the bookshelf.

Fairy – We’re not talking about the Tink variety either, for the most part. We’re talking about the pseudo human, often sword wielding, fae that have mighty courts, wars, and – oftentimes – forbidden love affairs with non-fae.

Dragons – these magnificent beasts are quite frequently hottie shape shifters centuries old and heavy on the charm.

Goblins, trolls, and gargoyles – oh my! (Sorry, I had to!) Though frequently supporting characters, these little critters offer a whole new realm of possibilities.

I’m a fan – A BIG FAN. And I look forward to seeing where the paranormal world goes next.

What about you? Is there one type of book your interested in? One you’re addicted to?

Or one you’re sick of? :)

Medusa, A Love Story is coming soon from Crescent Moon Press. Here’s an excerpt:

It’s said love can change a person. Medusa wasn’t always a monster…

Medusa is ruled by duty, to her Titan father and the Goddess Athena. She’s no room for the tenderness her warrior guard, Ariston, stirs. When Olympus frees her from service, her heart leads her into the arms of the guard she loves… and curses her as the creature with serpent locks.

Ariston goes to war with a full heart… and dreadful foreboding. He learns too late of the danger Medusa faces, alone, and a Persian blade sends him into the Underworld. But death, curses, nor the wrath of the Gods will keep him from returning to her.

Poseidon will use Greece’s war to get what he wants: Medusa. He does not care that she belongs to another. He does not care that she will be damned. He is a God, an Olympian, and she will be his.

Book trailer:

Thanks so much for having me today Ciara!

Sasha Summers can be found at: TwitterFacebook, Goodreads, Pinterst, and Website

21 Responses to Guest Sasha Summers

• Arlee Bird says:

I haven’t gotten into reading much of any fantasy yet. I do like the dystopian and apocalyptic literature. I won a romance book that I read over Christmas—well written but not my genre.

Lee
    The Dog Lived (and So Did I)
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

• Hi Sasha, what an interesting premise! I will have to read your book, no question about it. I think the only paranormal I have not gotten into (yet) are dragons. I adore vamps and shifters, also the Fae, oh yeah they rock! Best of luck with your book!

• I am a newbie to the world of paranormal, pulled there by so many awesome books on the market. Many written by writers I now know.

That said, I devoured the books about a certain wizard. All but the last in the series. I own it. It’s with the collection. I can’t bring myself to read it. I want his story to end the way I want it to end — at Hogwarts — with Dumbledore risen like his Phoenix Bird. So, I keep my ending in my imagination.

I have a MG light fantasy in progress and the world of fairies and pixies and leprechauns and shape-shifters overwhelms at times. Why? Because I have a steep learning curve compared to my target audience.

I soak up snippets of wisdom like those you provided. Congrats on your pending release. I’ll hop to Goodreads to add it to my TBR stack.

• slamdunk says:

Nice to meet you Sasha. Though this is not my most read genre, I liked how Tony Hillerman included the legend of shape shifters and how it impacts the lives of some native people in several of his mystery stories.

• Marta Szemik says:

I love paranormal and dystopian, so I write both. Medusa sounds very interesting. Since I enjoyed Percy Jackson so much, I know I would love your book. Anything with Greek Mythology is a must read. Nice to meet you Sasha.

• I’m a sucker for angel stories, which is one reason I loved Ciara’s. I also like vamps (but have gotten tired of them). I haven’t gotten tired of angel stories.

• Laura Eno says:

Nice to meet you, Sasha.
    I love paranormal! That’s what I read and write (no Vamps or Werewolves, though). Medusa looks great and I will be watching for it.

• It’s nice to meet you all, too. I hope you’ll love Medusa – I do!
    I have to admit, I’m one of those people that loves a great story. Vampires, werewolves, talking kitchen sinks (that might be a bit of a stretch), and (of course) Olympus – bring it on. If it’s written well and sucks me in – I’m there!

• Jay Noel says:

I thought The Hunger Games was a pretty good movie. Glad they stayed pretty much faithful to the book.

I grew up on Greek mythology as well. In fact, my WIP is pretty much inspired by all kinds of world mythology. It’s just so much fun to read. But, I’m sick of vampires and werewolves.

There’s a ton of fairy and angel stories out there, and I’m wondering if the market will get saturated there as well.

• Lindsay says:

I love a lot of the paranormal and this one sure sounds like it’s going to be another one to love

• Tess Grant says:

Sasha–Your book sounds great. I love retelling of myths. I am a big fan of paranormal stuff, although I must admit I like my paranormal evil, not somebody I would date. (Egads, did I just say that out loud?) And I’m with you…I think today’s werewolves are shifters, not werewolves.

• Brinda says:

Hi Sasha,
    Just when I think I’m sick of a certain theme (ie. werewolves), I read another good book with that particular creature. Oh well, maybe some things never get old. I love the mythology in your story.

• Helena says:

Hello, Sasha. I’m really looking forward to your book, and as for my own preferences — I don’t read as much paranormal as I’d like (I’ve got such a backlog of books!), but I find myself liking witches and shapeshifters. I’m glad you didn’t mention zombies because they creep me out.

• Mary says:

I like dystopian a lot. I need to read the Hunger Games. One of my friends in my writers group was just dying last Thursday night…mere hours from the opening.

• I’m just gradually getting into dystopian after Divergent and more recently Inside Out, both awesome reads. It’s good to try out new genres and mix them into your TBR pile.

• Melissa Bradley says:

I love the paranormal, fantasy, dystopian… any world that challenges what we think we know. Medusa: A Love Story sounds utterly captivating and I can’t wait to read it.

Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.