Rules for KotRT Readers Choice Award:
Mission: To acknowledge books that readers rate as above average and would recommend to fellow readers.
How it works: Authors submit their book for review to the Knights of the Round Table Review Group. Readers receive a free copy in exchange for review. Once the ratings are completed, one of the Knights will average the ratings and announce books that qualify for the KotRT Readers Choice Award.
1) If you wish to add the award to a book cover that is great, but the award is for a specific book, not a series, or any other work. However, you are welcome to display the award proudly on your website and or/blog.
2) The book must receive at least three reader ratings in order to be eligible for the KotRT Readers Choice Award.
3) If five or more ratings exist, the lowest rating will be dropped.
4) At this time, any book that receives an average of a 4.5 star rating or above is eligible for the KotRT Readers Choice Award.
5) An author rating of their own book will NOT be considered toward this award.
6) This award will be applied to all previous books reviewed since inception of the KotRT Review Group that meet all above criteria.
Based on these rules, it is advantageous to receive as many reviews as possible to earn such a high rating. This can only be accomplished by you shouting out to readers.
READERS: We realize that Goodreads only accepts whole star ratings, but we will accept anything in between 1.1 and 5.0. If you believe a book deserves this award, feel free to give it a 4.5 by specifying it in the first line of your review. A Knight will check each review prior to entering the star rating. These rules are subject to change based on the needs of this group.
The one and ONLY person to win this award based on current ratings is:
Laura Eno for Immortal Desires
Congratulations, Laura. You should be extremely proud!! I’ll be emailing you today with the graphic, or you may take from the post above. Please feel free to place the button on your blog/website/book/etc…
Do you think your book has what it takes? Hop on over to the KotRT group and sign up in the Author sign-ups section.
FYI: At this time we are booked through May 20, 2013, but if we open up more days the authors that are already members and have registered for a review will have top choice of early dates.
Have a great weekend!!